Tuesday, January 27, 2015

An Inspirational Dialogue

"Welcome to Costa, how may I help you?"

"Season's greetings. We'll take two coffees. Black and tall, please."

"Really? No requests for Slenderccinos?"

"Not today. Can't afford them. We got fired. Personal reasons, it's not important." "He arrested our boss." "Like I said, personal reasons."

"Well, your table's over there."

"By the window?"

"..really? You're not even gonna offer unnecessary third-person omniscient descriptions?"

"Our hearts aren't in it." "Not today."

"*sigh* Listen, boys. You win some and you lose some. Sometimes you win some and you lose some, like, at the same time. You can't let a simple firing get the better of your spirit."

"It's deeper than that. I found out I don't even exist, that we're all badly written works of fiction."

"You're only as badly written as your soul, man! Believe in yourself. Take another look at your table, what do you see?"

"A table by a window." "..I dunno, I think I can see, reflected in the sunlight, my hopes and dreams." "Huh. Y'know, I can see that too. And the chairs kinda look like they're held up by choirs of ambition on a new dawn."

"Yes! And what about that guy over there, who's sitting next to it?"

"A customer whose children look like they were beaten with ugly sticks made in a factory for ugly sticks, bunting, and probably also something practical like paint rollers." "Yeah, those kids make me physically ill to look at." "I'd have to say that the mere fact I exist on the same existential plane as those kids makes me want to cry." "I'm considering seeking therapy from the knowledge." "I'd pay millions of dollars for that therapy." "I would let the therapist subject me to shock therapy if it meant never having to see those ugly fucking kids ever again." "Yeah." "Yeah." "Yeah, fuck those kids."

"..."

"The guy himself looks fine."

"..here's your coffees."

"Thank you. Say, Coldems?" "Yeah, Slend?" "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful new friendship."

No comments:

Post a Comment